South Africa: ex-president Zuma’s son asked to court

Duduzane Zuma © DR

Prosecutors had given Duduzane Zuma two months to say why he should not be prosecuted, but said he had failed to do so by the deadline at the end of March. They said in April they would charge Duduzane with culpable homicide.

Phindi Mjonondwane, a spokeswoman for the NPA, said that Duduzane had been summoned to appear at the Randburg Magistrate’s Court in Johannesburg on July 12 and that prosecutors expected him to attend.

During an inquest in 2014, Duduzane said his car hit a puddle and he lost control‚ veering into the taxi‚ which in turn smashed into a barrier, describing the incident as “tragic”.

© Bur-csa – ADV